Hannah Seltzer Bakes….
Sticky Toffee and Chocolate Chewy Cookies
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Plain Flour
- 125g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 125g Caster Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 100g Chocolate Covered Toffee*
(Chopped roughly into quarters)
Makes 18 Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking trays with parchment paper
- Cream the butter and both sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and whisk/beat until evenly mixed. Do NOT overmix at this point.
- Mix both flours together and sift into the mix. Fold in until the dough is formed and sticky.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate covered toffee.
- Mould a spoonful of cookie dough into a ball and place on baking tray. Press your fingers lightly on the dough to flatten slightly. Repeat until mixture is finished – this should make 18 cookies.
- Place in the oven for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put on a wire rack to cool immediately. Eat when cooled completely.
*I use Walker’s Double Dipped Chocolate Toffees which you can buy in Sainsbury’s